All of us generally know what an Anticpatory Bail is - thanks to the frequent media coverage of prominent people getting Anticpatory Bail fearing being implicated in false cases by rivals - and therefore Arrest Warrants being issued against themselves.
Well what does this particula law tell about the state of our legal system?
- That it is fairly easy to get arrest warrants issued against people based on trivial or trumped up charges or unauthenticated charges.
- If it was not fairly easy - there would be no need for such an law - giving the accused a chance of anticipating arrest and getting the bail.
- Such crafty laws come in handy - mostly for the rich and the powerful, or those with intricate knowledge of the IFs and BUTs of the law.
- The very purpose of arrest warrant is kind of defeated because Police can no longer arrest the person if he has taken shelter under this law.
- It is common to see news in media, that accused go absonding until Anticipatory Bail has been granted or refused.
- One wing of legal system does not necessarily trust the other wing. So, one court of law gives an arrest warrant, another one grants Anticpatory Bail! Well...
Provision for grant of anticipatory bail does not exist anywhere else in the world. Not surprisingly.
Implementation of laws should never depend upon your crafty knowledge of the law Or how influential you are.