Bangalore - Roads are a Nightmare
Bangalore roads are a nightmare.
- Almost no footpath. Where are pedestrians supposed to walk?
- Crossing roads is dangerous. There are hardly any underground or overhead walkways. Lets not talk of zebra crossings - nobody cares about them. And at many many traffic signals not enough or no time is given for people to cross roads.
- Too many cars on the roads.
- Buses stop right on the road to pick up passengers - yes the bus stops are indeed right on the road in most places. So when a bus stops, all traffic tailing it comes to a halt.
- And to top it all - Hardly any public transport. The few buses that ply - are overflowing with people. And bus numbers and their destinations being marked only in local language further deter people not knowledgeable about the local language from boarding them.
- If a traffic cop is not standing at the Traffic Signal - expect the drivers (usually the ones who have a yellow colored number plate) to disregard traffic signals - especially when it turns Green to Red. Checkout the Diary Circle Traffic Signal.