Have you observed the falling standards of large sections of India Media? Sure you have.
Times of India(TOI) - takes the crown in print media, while Star News - on television.
Here are some shining examples:
- TOI - doesn't even look like a News Paper any longer. Its a tabloid with 'sensational' stories, and missing news. Regional News Papers have better coverage. The front page is the unworthiest part of the paper, as it has only 'masala' news. What a shame.
- Star News/Aaaj Tak - Give them an opportunity to report some individual's misery; they will jump at it, and become reporters and judges in a very irresponsible manner.
- It is common for news channels to have some semi-celebrities wedding as Prime Time News; which they will discuss with elite panel of specialists. Hahaha!
- 'Breaking News' - has got a completely new meaning now. That is usually any news that you think you are first to report irrespective of its importance. Now, thats breaking news for you !
- Where is International News, News Analysis, views of eminent people? When did we last see news about WHY the floods were happening and how we can prevent them ?
- If you started believe frivilous media reports - you would think that we are about to turn into a Super Power!! But, reality is we have floods, droughts, hunger, corruption and poverty to deal with.
On brighter side, NDTV is by far the best, followed by CNN-IBN.